Sometimes there is nothing more frustrating than going through the process of moving, but the process can be made just a bit easier if you are aware of all your moving options. While many people believe that you either rent a U-Haul and do it yourself or hire a company to do the moving for you, there are actually quite a few moving options that you can choose from.
Assuming that you do not want to go through the hassles of moving everything yourself with a U-Haul, here are some of your best moving options:
• Full Service: This is the easiest and also the most expensive way to move. A full service moving company will come in and pack everything up for you, label everything for you, put it all in a big moving truck for you, and then drive off to your new home. Once there, they will reverse the process until everything is in its place. All this leaves you to do is to basically point and say where you want your things to go.
• Pack Only: If you hate to pack up your items, but don’t mind all the other stuff so much, then your best bet is going with a company that will come in and do all the packing for you. These companies know how to pack almost any item you can imagine and they generally make great use of all the space inside the boxes they use.
• Load Only: This type of service is for those who don’t mind packing and unpacking, but still don’t want to hassle with loading and unloading a moving truck. You can pay someone to come on moving day with their truck and actually load up all that you have packed and then unload everything at your new home. This leaves you to only worry with packing and unpacking and won’t require you to do a lot of heavy lifting.
• PODS: PODS are a great alternative to use for those who want to do it all themselves, but don’t want to rent a truck. With PODS, you only make one phone call and they deliver a PODS container right to your driveway. Then you can take as much time as you wish getting everything packed up then call the company to come get your things and deliver them to your new home. You then unpack everything at your convenience and when the PODS container is empty, you simply call PODS once more and they take the container away. Save 5% now with a Pods promo code.
• Moving Truck Rental: This is the most affordable moving option for those that don’t mind doing a bit of work themselves. Simply rent a truck from Uhaul, Budget, or other rental companies, load it, and deliver the goods to your new home. Save 10% by using a Budget truck promo code.
Moving can be a huge pain in the neck, but you can greatly lessen the pain by using a moving option that will help you with a lot of the dirty work. Once you have determined how much of that dirty work you want to do, it is then just a matter of fitting the moving options you require into your budget. While each methods will cost some money, there is no real way to move without cost so you have to decide what is and isn’t worth paying for.
Find and compare self storage facilities across the US and Canada.